Re: Does fio really bypass page cache with option direct=1?

You may use options --create_on_open=1 --fallocate=none. By default
FIO will prepare the file of the size (creates a sparse file) and then
performs IO. The options --create_on_open=1 and --fallocate=none
should skip the step.

--
Srinivasa R Chamarthy