Adding IO engine

Hi Jens,

I have a couple basic questions:

1)  If I want to submit a new IO engine with fio and it has a dependency on an external library, how does that work when fio is compiled?  Please also point me to info how to submit a new IO engine to be packaged with fio?

2)  I've seen cases where the ->iomem_alloc() function (i.e. for a custom IO engine) is invoked first by fio before ->get_file_size() or ->setup().  This causes an issue since IO memory allocation can have dependency on certain initialization (for the custom IO engine) that is done in ->get_file_size().   I just wonder if that's an fio bug or how it should be?   My current work around is to check in ->iomem_alloc() each time and do initializion first if has not.

Thanks,
Deyoung