fio SGL support

Hi All,
Is it possible to add Scatter Gather List (SGL) support to fio?  Suppose we have a 16KB write to our device.  I believe fio will allocate memory in 4KB pages (depending upon machine architecture).  For SGL use, it would be valuable to define the SGL descriptors, such that we could control the 16KB write as (example): 512B, 3.5KB, 4KB, 8KB.  Similarly for reads, we may define the SGL descriptors for how to place the IO in memory.

If fio SGL support is possible, then the descriptors would be passed down to the kernel and driver level, where SGL supported drivers would be required.  However, the latest Linux kernels are offering support.

If fio SGL support is possible, adding an option such as sglsplit (similar to bssplit) may be an easy way to specify the descriptors.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jeff