Re: Compression options in fio

I don't want fio to vary the data and need it to be more deterministic.

After playing with it for quite some time, I have the following
(inconclusive) theory.

1. If no verify options are set, fio generates
buffer_compress_percentage worth of compressible data per block size.
Compressible data is always zeroed out.
2. With verify options, fio generates buffer_compress_percentage worth
of compressible data (zeroes) for some blocks but there are these
bunch of blocks from time to time that contain purely random data.

>From the manual, verify options add additional meta data to the header
of every block for verification but I'm not sure why some blocks turn
out to be completely random with this setting on. I tried multiple
verify hashes with the same result.

With either of the cases, I don't seem to get the buffer_pattern
setting working.

Thanks,
Srinath