Re: About FIO latest version (2.8)

On 03/17/2016 11:01 PM, 王 铮 wrote:
Hi all,

I am now using FIO2.8, but it seems the parm "loops = int" do not works.

The following is my script.  I expected to do a test with 25 loops 32K
SEQ Read and each loop run 10 seconds. But the result is that the test
only ran once and then reported the data.

Can any one help on this? Thank you !

Script code:

[global]
filename=/dev/nvme0n1   # test device
ioengine=libaio # Default engine for CentOS
disable_slat=1 # disables Submission Latency recording
disable_lat=1 # disables Total Latency recording
direct=1 # Uses direct IO's, bypass OS buffer
ba=4k # all IO's 4K aligned
size=100% #
numjobs=12         # Num of jobs(accdroing to CPU threads)
norandommap
group_reporting

[32K_SEQ_Write_Q1]         # Job name
stonewall
bs=32K # block transfer size
rw=read # r/w
iodepth=256
loops=25
runtime=10

It's because you set runtime=10, that takes precedence over the number of loops. So the job will do 25 loops, if it can do 25 loops within the 10 seconds. If you want 25 loops, then it would probably be easier to limit the amount of IO done per loop instead. If you did:

loops=25
io_limit=10g

then you would get 25 loops, each doing 10g of IO.

--
Jens Axboe