Re: Bug with --buffer_compress_percentage

On 11/30/2015 02:17 PM, Matthew Eaton wrote:
I think I found and fixed the main issue why the rebuild issue would happen,
init.c didn't get the right dependencies. Hopefully a make clean won't be
needed going forward.

I still think that is your issue, I don't see any problems with the buffer
filling. So do let me know when you test on Monday, thanks.

--
Jens Axboe

I tested again trying a make clean as well as a fresh clone from git
but I could still reproduce.  This system is Ubuntu 14.04, so for
kicks I moved to a completely different system and installed Fedora 23
and fio from git, but had the same problem!

This is my configure output.  Could I be missing something?

Nope, that part should not matter. I'm probably wrong, then. I'll try and reproduce!

BTW, the rebuild bug should hopefully be fixed, so I can trust reports like this more in the future.

--
Jens Axboe