From: Vincent Fu [mailto:Vincent.Fu@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 12:29 AM
To: Jon Tango <cheerios123@xxxxxxxxxxx>; fio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Latency Output Question

On 2015-9-19 1:33 PM, Jon Tango wrote:
> Hello All, I took a measurement with an 4k workload with a 90% mixture
> of reads and 10 % writes.
>
> The latency output in the test result is:
>
> Read lat avg=490.27
> Write lat avg=191.78
>
> Is this the correct way to calculate the latency? 490+192 is 682, and
> then 682/2?
>
> Or, do I need to account for the 90/10 distribution when I calculate
> latency?
>
> Alos, is there a way to just get one average latency output, instead
> of a separate one for read, and write?
> --

Use the option below to combine reads and writes in the latency output:

unified_rw_reporting=bool
        Fio normally reports statistics on a per
        data direction basis, meaning that read, write, and trim are
        accounted and reported separately. If this option is set,
        the fio will sum the results and report them as "mixed"
        instead.

PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is
intended only for the use of the designated recipient(s) named above. If the
notified that you have received this message in error and that any review,
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
the sender by telephone or e-mail (as shown above) immediately and destroy
any and all copies of this message in your possession (whether hard copies
or electronically stored copies).