Re: FIO not generating multiple jobs for directories

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I did some investigation by removing each
parameter and the problem seems to be with parameter overwrite when
its set to true.

if i remove the parameter from the job file and run, i get the
expected number of threads as specified.

# cat fio_testjob.fio
[fileio]
ioengine=libaio
rw=write
directory=/mnt/sdb:/mnt/sdc:/mnt/sdd:/mnt/sde
filesize=1m-40m
nrfiles=1024
file_service_type=random:64
random_generator=tausworthe
rate=,400m
bs=8k
numjobs=6
iodepth=32
scramble_buffers=1
blocksize_unaligned
blocksize_range=8k-124k
loops=1
percentage_random=100
random_distribution=random
norandommap
overwrite=1    <<<<<< Problem with this parameter If i remove, it just works.
fill_device=1
fsync=1024
prio=0

>From the man page i do not see any relevance to the threads for the
param "overwrite"

       overwrite=bool
              If writing, setup the file first and do overwrites.
Default: false.

May be some issue here or my understanding is wrong.

--
Srinivasa R Chamarthy