Re: suggestion: patch to make per-thread IOPS more accurate

On 02/26/2015 09:14 PM, Andrew Theurer wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jens Axboe" <axboe@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Mark Nelson" <mark.a.nelson@xxxxxxxxx>, "Ben England" <bengland@xxxxxxxxxx>, fio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2015 5:20:04 PM
Subject: Re: suggestion:  patch to make per-thread IOPS more accurate

On 02/26/2015 02:21 PM, Mark Nelson wrote:
Hi Ben,

I confess that I'm not using JSON output myself, but I think this would
be really beneficial when there are a lot of clients (like VMs).

Jens, would this be an acceptable change?  I think I'd appreciate this
if I switch over to using the JSON output.

I like the change, my only worry is that it'll break somebody's
parsing... So from that end, perhaps it'd be better to add a new field
instead of reusing the 'iops' field to dump it.

Maybe I'm just being overly cautious here, feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

Since this is for the json data, I don't think the parsing would be an issue.  I have at least tried reading this data with parl::JSON with this patch, and there have been no issues.

Alright, I was hoping that might be the case. I have applied the patch, thanks guys.

--
Jens Axboe