Re: Potential leaks & errors on current trunk

On 02/17/2015 07:00 AM, Erwan Velu wrote:
I've been playing with clang 3.3 on
495288a1e627c3d1b29897786b786eb6008841a3 and found the following items
interesting.

Before making any PR, I'd like your insights on them.

http://git.kernel.dk/?p=fio.git;a=blob;f=filesetup.c;h=0fb5589b7c33ce1aa154c21ecf42cf52a682c4d8;hb=HEAD#l424

On that part of the code, it's not clear for me if we want to return ret
or always 0.
So we have to remove ret=0 _or_ change to return ret;
As some code is considering that __file_invalidate_cache can be
different from 0, I think it's the latter case.

We always want to return 0 here, as it's not a fatal error.

http://git.kernel.dk/?p=fio.git;a=blob;f=client.c;h=760ec85087b73bba197c95b033154f08c245bc7f;hb=HEAD#l1572

We have an issue on this dprint as it use eta that I've been freed in
fio_client_dec_jobs_eta().
So using dprint could lead to a very weird message print here.
Shall we keep that dprint which could be buggy ? If we still want it,
that would mean put extra variable to save the required info for
printing it.

It's printing the pointer value, not the contents. So that's always valid. It's just for debug tracking if you want to see eta's go through.

http://git.kernel.dk/?p=fio.git;a=blob;f=iolog.c;h=99f8bc18d8694cca0c141c51d116aced1b4130f2;hb=HEAD#l863

In that function, if we do return 1 we do leak ic.buf, we shall free it
before the return

Yep, there's a potential leak or two there, should be fixed up.

http://git.kernel.dk/?p=fio.git;a=blob;f=lib/axmap.c;h=164300f254014b10ed6e04e3e06b7263aa917aac;hb=HEAD#l127

Here, we surely miss the free of the axmap. We did free its internal
structure but not axmap itself.

Yes, that should free 'axmap' too of course.

--
Jens Axboe