Re: dedupe and replay

thanks for the quick response - but unfortunately this patch does not
seem to have changed the result. I managed to get a 1.4:1 dedupe when
setting dedupe_percentage to 99%. The test rig I have is like this: an
array w/ inline dedupe @ 4K and I am the only user on it - I have a
single machine mounting a single lun from the array (the whole space
in the array is assigned to this lun). The synthetic test at
dedupe_percentage=80 results in a 4:1 dedupe ratio from the array. The
replay at 80% comes out as undedupable (ratio = 1.0:1) even with the
latest patch. The replay generates about 1.7 million I/Os. ~1 million
are 4K, 80 thousand are 8K, 70 thousand are 32K, etc... there's a
decent number of I/O that is not a multiple of 4K, but the vast
majority of the I/O is a multiple of 4K. The offset for each I/O is 4K
aligned in the vast majority of I/Os.