FIO performance testing

Hi,

I am tasked with testing several NAS HDDs connected to a Ubuntu Host. I am
being asked to run performance tests with fio. Besides the how to
document, can you share any documentation for maximizing video file
performance?

In particular, where can I get more information about IO engines? Which
engine to use for NAS systems when measuring video file performance?
What is the relationship between the parameters size and runtime? Does
runtime become redundant when we specify the size?

Best,
Arash Jamalian
Electrical and Firmware Development Engineer
D: 408-717-8040 | M: 408-601-9513
Email: Arash.Jamalian@xxxxxxxx
HGST Inc., a Western Digital Company
3403 Yerba Buena Rd., San Jose, CA 95135