Re: fio hangs with --status-interval

On 2014-07-10 16:55, Michael Mattsson wrote:
Hey,
Thanks for the patch. I got log output but I had two clients hanging
in the same way with the attached patch.

$ patch -p0 < stat.patch
patching file b/stat.c
patching file b/stat.h
Hunk #1 succeeded at 213 (offset -5 lines).

I was using --output <filename>

Worth mentioning here is that on the NFS server the output file is
written to is issuing a stat(1) on the above output file once per
second. Could it cause any prolems?

OK, so next question. If you leave it long enough, do you get "stuck process" dumps from the kernel? In any case, a:

# echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger

dump would be handy to see for all the fio processes, this doesn't smell like a fio issue.

--
Jens Axboe