multiple block devices question

hi all,

I am using FIO (2.1.7) to profile block level performance of multiple
RAID devices. (see config file below). The test is done on a capable
16-core server. With a sigle raid device, I am getting roughly
1.4GB/s, with two devices in place, I am still getting around 1.4GB/s,
which is weird. Another in-house developed benchmark tool, running
SINGLE-thread suggested we can almost double. I could get double the
performance through FIO by configuring two jobs, with each job
handling one device only. However, it still puzzles me as to why a
single process FIO can't drive the performance of two devices. Did I
do anything wrong as to the configure file?

Thanks

Alex.

[globals]

rw=write