Re: Qn on setting ioengine on Replay job

On 04/08/2014 01:14 PM, Jens Axboe wrote:
On 04/08/2014 10:39 AM, Lakshmi wrote:
Hi Jens,

   Is it possible to set the ioengine and iodepth on a replay job?
Would it have any effect on the replay jobs? I tried setting as below,
but didnt see any change. So wanted to make sure if what I am doing is
valid.

[global]
replay_no_stall=1
ioengine=posixaio
buffered=0
iodepth=6

[job1]
read_iolog=/home/file_3080658.bin

The ioengine will always work, the iodepth should work as well. blktrace
unless you tell it otherwise. That should be fixed up, actually.

That said, you wont see higher depth than the job itself has done. The
depth will be naturally limited by the events in that trace. However, if
a lower depth is set, then that should be enforced (since fio is forced
to wait on IO if it runs out of IO buffers).

Added a patch to probe the depth from the blktrace file. So should now set the detected depth, if it can.

--
Jens Axboe