Fwd: strange discrepancy

Hi,

Finally I've figured out how to use FIO :) now, I can measure several
things, so I've started to get IOPS data for our hardware. The graphs
looks good, however I can see a very strange discrepancy at seq_write
part

The HW itself is an appliance built from supermicro components and
using software raid and running ubuntu squeezy based OS

FIO paramaters I'm currently using as the follows

[global]
ioengine=libaio
buffered=0
direct=1
bs=4k
blocksize_range=1k-64k
size=2048m

[seq_read]
rw=read
write_iolog=iops_seq_read
write_bw_log=iops_seq_read
write_lat_log=iops_seq_read
write_iops_log=iops_seq_read

[seq_write]
rw=write
write_iolog=iops_seq_write
write_bw_log=iops_seq_write
write_lat_log=iops_seq_write
write_iops_log=iops_seq_write

[random_read]
rw=randread
write_iolog=iops_rand_read
write_bw_log=iops_rand_read
write_lat_log=iops_rand_read
write_iops_log=iops_rand_read

[random_write]
rw=randwrite
write_iolog=iops_rand_write
write_bw_log=iops_rand_write
write_lat_log=iops_rand_write
write_iops_log=iops_rand_write

[random_rw]
rw=randrw
write_iolog=iops_rand_randrw
write_bw_log=iops_rand_randrw
write_lat_log=iops_rand_randrw
write_iops_log=iops_rand_randrw

------------------------------

the results as the follows

Random Read -- 86
Random Write -- 77
Sequential Read -- 2170
Sequential Write -- 45
Random RW -- 40

I have two questions again.

The parameters above are good approach to determine IOPS for this system?

What can be the reason of the huge difference between Seq_read and Seq_write?

Thank you for your help
L: