Re: Running Fio under AIX 7

On 08/30/2013 05:53 AM, Georg Schönberger wrote:
> Hi fio users,
>
> I am trying to run Fio under AIX 7 - according to the documentation there shouldn't be any problem with it.
> For now I am getting the following error, do you have any idea what's the problem here (filesystem jfs/jfs2)?

Odd, so it's posix_fadvise() getting EINVAL. Most likely reason for that
is that fio is not picking up the right values for it.

It finds them here, on this platform:

AIX aixbuild 3 5 00C1DC964C00

Does it need some other magic on AIX 7 to find them? You can bypass the
error by setting invalidate_cache=0, but it would be great if you could
dig around a bit in /usr/include and see what is up. Alternatively, if I
can log into the machine, I can definitely fix it up.

--
Jens Axboe