Re: The relation about size/filesize/nrfiles

On 2013-01-10 13:08, majianpeng wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	I wanted to test some files.But i wanted to use size rather than nrfiles.The job file is:
> [global]
> rw=write
> directory=/media
> bs=64k
> size=500M
>
> [j1]
> filesize=256k
>
> But fio only created one file.If i used nrfiles,the size is ignored.
> So how to write which can do what i wanted?

If you just set size= and nrfiles=, then the file size will set according
to that. By default, each file will be size / nrfiles. You can influence
that with filesize=low:high.

The above wont work, fio will not calculate the number of files
needed to satisfy that job file (it could though, I'll take a patch!).

--
Jens Axboe