Using fio to mimicking Oracle workload pattern

Hi All,

This is neto from Brazil

How are you?

I want to simulate some Oracle workload pattern using fio. I would like to do the following:

Archive LOGS: I would like to create x number of different file sizes. I have tried the following, but I am not sure if this is right about filesize option.

directory=/archive
size=10g
ioengine=libaio
nrfiles=5
iodepth=4
rw=write
filesize=500m
direct=1
threads=4
numjobs=1

Redo LOGS:  I have tried the following: sync I/O and block split (to simulate partial writes) - 60% 512 bytes and 40% 4096.

directory=/redo
size=1g
ioengine=libaio
nrfiles=5
iodepth=4
sync=1
rw=write
filesize=500m
bssplit=512/60:4k/40
direct=1
numjobs=1

FULL Table Scan: I have tried creating 3 files and read from them (randomly). I used ba=4096 to have block aligned and 1MB of block size (to simulate db_scattered_read).

[tablescan]
directory=/u109/oradata/fio
nrfiles=3
openfiles=3
file_service_type=roundrobin
size=1g
iodepth=32
ba=4k
bs=1M
rw=randread
numjobs=2

Could you please help to check if the above files are correct? If they are, how can I double check if everything is working as expected (on fio output)?

Thank you very much

neto--