commdand line output

Command line output is spuradic while running because fio replaces the last line while updating the status of the process instead of replacing the update string.
EXAMPLE:
consider the update string as following

Jobs: 1 (f=1): [m] [61.9% done] [112.8M/123.6M /s] [123 /125 iops] [eta 00m:08s]

however, if the command prompt's line buffer size is smaller than the length of the update string, the update string gets separated into 2 lines:

Jobs: 1 (f=1): [m] [61.9% done] [112.8M/123.6M /s] [123 /125  iops]
 [eta 00m:08s]

which means that on the next update string you write, after removing the current line, you will end up with

Jobs: 1 (f=1): [m] [61.9% done] [112.8M/123.6M /s] [123 /125  iops]
Jobs: 1 (f=1): [m] [65.2% done] [112.8M/123.6M /s] [129 /150  iops]
 [eta 00m:08s]

on the console output.... I thought this was a feature and was using it to my advantage until I started receiving low throughput values which started making my status update strings smaller than the line buffer size resulting in a single line of output. In order to fix, you need to remove a status update string with the equivalent length of the last string written using \b.
example
status update="I am an update"
to remove you send "\b\b\b\b\b\b\b\b\b\b\b\b\b\b" to stdout

I would also like to make a feature request of a verbose option that disables the replacement of output as described above as the output information can be extremely useful in certain cases; in my case I would like very high resolution output of the instantaneous throughput and not a summary at the end.

Environment: windows
version:fio-2.0.7-9g5c3f

--
Russell Weber

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, its contents and any attachments to it are confidential to the intended recipient, and may contain information that is privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original e-mail message and any attachments (and any copies that may have been made) from your system or otherwise. Any unauthorized use, copying, disclosure or distribution of this information is strictly prohibited.  Email addresses that end with a ?-c? identify the sender as a Fusion-io contractor.