Re: query on verify_dump option

On 2012-04-06 02:28, Suresh Dhanarajan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for this files in the same location where my fio is and i
> dont see the two files that you refereed.

Hmm, you really should, if you have verify_dump=1 set. The pattern
verify is the odd one out, all the other checksum verifiers use shared
code for this. I'll take a look at this and see if I can reproduce it.

> We have option to give pattern during verify only.
> What i mentioned is during Write and reads there is no option to
> provide the patterns.

Ahh, good point. You could just set do_verify=0 for a write workload,
where you define verify_pattern and verify=meta. That should write with
just that pattern. Does that help?

Not sure what you mean for the reads...

--
Jens Axboe