distrubuted iops measuring

Hi,

I would like to measure IOPS on a distributed file system from several hosts in parallel. I am a bit lost in what options I should use. I would like to have each host in a cluster accessing its own file to not stress metadata and/or locking infrastructure. I thought that on all clients, I should run just:

fio --server

And from an admin node something like

fio --client server1 job.desc.1 --client server2 job.desc.2 --client server3 job.desc.3...., where job.desc.X is specific to the client (different filename).

But it seems like each host executes each job file, which is not what I would like... I bet there is a way how to accomplish this. Could you please point me to the right direction?

Thank you
Jiri Horky