Re: Parsing FIO output

On 2012-03-16 23:09, Hoppetauet wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm in the process of benchmarking a cloud, and have written scripts
> that capture FIO output from X runs (using the --minimal option).
>
> I run 4 different tests, for seq read/write and random read/write. I've
> found that the write output is in field $25 and the read output is in
> $6, but I'm struggling with min, max and stddev of the latency (clat).
> Also, I've read that it changes from usec to msec where it's convenient.
> Any tips as to getting out the values in msec always?

The format is actually described. See the HOWTO included with fio,
section 7.0, terse output. The minimal format output _always_ includes
latencies in both msec and usec ranges. So if you just want the msec
ranges, you only look at those fields.

But I'd recommend looking at the HOWTO. The actual output is from
stat.c:show_thread_status_terse_v3(), so you can verify by looking at
the actual output code as well.

--
Jens Axboe