Re: [patch] Use C99 standard integer types

On 2010-12-15 16:09, Bruce Cran wrote:
> Since most compilers now have a copy of the C99 inttypes.h header
> available, [u]intX_t types should be preferred over compiler-specific
> types such as __u32 etc. Using the standard types allows clang to build
> fio.
>
> I've attached a patch which updates blktrace_api.h, blktrace.c and
> os/binject.h .

Really blktrace_api.h should just go away, since it's an OS interface
and should be exposed as such. We've traditionally always used __uxx
types in those interfaces. You should not be picking that up on FreeBSD
:-)

> The patch also updates Makefile.FreeBSD to use the -pthread flag
> since it's preferred over -lpthread .

Thanks, I can make that change. In the future, it would be nice if you
would separate different changes into different patches. Any time you
need to write 'the patch also...' it's a hint that it should be split!

--
Jens Axboe