Re: Integrate SPC-1 with fio, version 2 ready for options

On Wed, Feb 10 2010, Michael O'Sullivan wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Sorry for 2 posts in one day. I have edited my code since the last post
> to make it easy to add options once I get some direction about using the
> options and creating a parameter file. I have attached the patch. All
> the configurable options are now set in set_spc1_options, which can be
> modified to read a parameter file.

Never apologize for posting too often! :-)

This is very interesting, I'll take a gander at it soonish, I'd like to
get SPC-1 integrated. Some quick thoughts before I get a closer look:

- Fio has the --profile switch, which was meant for things like this.
  It's not very expanded yet, but it could be. I think that is the way
  to go. Then you probably want to add some --profile=foo specific
  options, for setting options that only apply to that profile type.
  That would be SPC-1 specific options.

- It would be a lot nicer if the IO generator was integrated, so you
  would not have to go through the iolog to store and retrieve work
  items.

--
Jens Axboe