Re: unexpected results from simple test?

On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 12:51 +0200, Jens Axboe wrote:

> Did you pull changes into that fio repo and not do a make clean before
> compiling it? The build system is a bit broken, so it wont always
> rebuild everything if eg fio.h had changes to structures. And that'll
> cause weird behaviour sometimes.
> In any case, please try and download a new fresh version and see if that
> makes it any better.
>
> There was also a recent linux kernel futex problem that fio triggered,
> so it could also be a kernel issue. Again, knowing what the two other
> jobs are doing would help.

I built fio from fio-1.26.tar.gz so it was in a clean directory.
I've just downloaded the 1.28 snapshot and will try that, but I can try
the git version if you like.

I get the status of both jobs but it get stuck at

> Jobs: 1 (f=0): [_W] [100.0% done] [     0/     0 kb/s] [eta 00m:00s]

I'll try 1.28 & let you know.

I haven't updated the kernel is a few days, so I can try the latest git
as well.

regards
Richard