Re: Upgrading from F20 to F21 domU are disappeared

On 02/25/2015 07:18 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

Hi Pasi,

> On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 10:19:31AM +0100, Roberto Fichera wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
> Hello,
>
>> I've upgraded my F20 installation to F21, but all my xen domains are just disappeared
>> against the new xl interface. BTW the domains are present in /var/lib/xend/domains/<uuid>/config.sxp,
>> so my question is how can I migrate such domain to the new xen version?
>>
> Well with xl you need to have the vm cfgfiles under /etc/xen/,
> so migrate the configs there, and create (start) the VMs.

Yes! I know! But as you certain know using virt-manager this is not the case. In fact I don't have
any cfg file with my /etc/xen directory.

> Note that with xl there's no similar mode as the xend "managed mode" was.

Yep! BTW I've sorted out the problem by recreating by hand all the DomU starting from the
related .sxp configuration files. Was a little boring, but now everything works ok.

Cheers,
Roberto Fichera.