Re: [f20] Problem with libvirt + Xen XL toolstack

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 4:53 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
<konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Konrad,

>> 1. Disable SElinux
>>   $ vi /etc/selinux/config
>>     SELINUXTYPE=disabled
>
> Uh, not sure why you need that?

Just to avoid any possible interference... And, because I've found it
at the Xen wiki

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Fedora_Host_Installation

>> 3. Disable Network Manager
>>   $ systemctl disable NetworkManager
>>   $ systemctl stop NetworkManager
>
> Network Manager can deal with the bridge as you have
> NM_CONTROLLED=no set in it.

Similarly as above, I've disabled it to avoid any possible issue.
Also, found it at the Xen wiki:

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Fedora_Host_Installation

> Why don't you just use 'virt-install' outright instead of doing
> it via xl and such?
> It also takes care of your images having the right SELinux permissions
> (I believe so).

You are true. I've used to use virt-install until it stopped to
support the xl toolstack (since Fedora 16).
Maybe now is working again...
Anyway, I've used xl just to check that the VM is working with Xen's xl alone.

>>        <interface type='bridge'>
>>          <mac address='00:00:00:00:00:00'/>
>
> Uuiuuh. Is that right? Shouldn't it have some value?

This is just  what libvirt translates from the native config file

>> BOOOM:
>>
>> error: Failed to create domain from testvm.xml
>> error: End of file while reading data: Input/output error
>> error: One or more references were leaked after disconnect from the hypervisor
>> error: Failed to reconnect to the hypervisor
>>

> So earlier version of libvirt (Fedora 20) has issues if the bridge
> was called anything but 'xenbr0' it would fail. Later (Fedora 21) is OK with it.
>
> I think that is what you are hitting (I was hitting that in Fedora 20
> when I was testing it out for Beta).
>
> Try changing the bridge name to 'xenbr0'.

Renamed the bridge to 'xenbr0':

xenbr0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 10.10.15.10  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 10.10.15.255
        inet6 fe80::219:99ff:feef:62ab  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20<link>
        ether 00:19:99:ef:62:ab  txqueuelen 0  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 8  bytes 1144 (1.1 KiB)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 8  bytes 648 (648.0 B)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

rebooted the machine... But same error

error: Failed to create domain from testvm.xml
error: End of file while reading data: Input/output error
error: One or more references were leaked after disconnect from the hypervisor
error: Failed to reconnect to the hypervisor

> IF that does not help, edit the libvirt.cfg file to crank up the debugging
> and use 'journalctl -x' to see what it complains about.

Could you be more specific. Sorry, I'm not a sysadmin.
I'm using Xen for research purpose

Thank you very much!

-- Marco