Xen Developers Summit 2013, CfP (24-25 October, Edinburgh)

== Call for Proposals ==

We are pleased to announce that the Call for Proposals (CFP) for the
first Xen Project Developer Summit is now open! The event is being held
in Edinburgh, UK from October 24-25.

All submissions need to be submitted by 11:55pm (BST) on August 30th.

The Xen Project Developer Summit will feature content for developers,
integrators and power users of the Xen Project. We are looking for
presentations related to development, such as development proposals,
updates on feature development, project updates, etc. We are also
looking for insight into best practices in deploying Xen at scale, case
studies by Xen users and other topics that large scale users of Xen care
about.

== Submit a Speaking Proposal ==

by visiting this URL:

http://events.linuxfoundation.org//events/xen-project-developer-summit/program/cfp

== Proposals ==

The program committee will be looking for presentations and workshops
related to working with the Xen Project. Topics related to Xen
Development include development proposals, updates on feature
development, project updates, discussions and proposals on the
architectural evolution of Xen, best practices of Xen development,
studies and benchmarks of system characteristics such as
performance/scalability/security/ease of use/power consumption, lessons
learned, interfacing with other open source projects, making Xen easier
to consume by distros, etc.

We are also interested in proposals that provide insight into best
practices in deploying Xen, case studies by Xen users and other topics
that large users and integrators of Xen care about. This includes
everything from deploying Xen or its sister projects at scale, best
practices for working with Xen, case studies by users of Xen, Xen
benchmarks, tips and tricks in securing Xen based clouds, topics related
to managing Xen based environments, open source projects that are
related to Xen and deliver benefits to Xen users, 3rd party Xen
integrations, etc. As a Xen user, a proposal that catches the developers
attention, is your chance to spark a debate that will influence what is
developed by the Xen Project.

In short, if it’s relevant to Xen development, integration and usage we
are interested in what you might have to say.

== Timeline and Deadlines ==

You can submit a proposal at any time for Xen Project Developer Summit.
Please keep in mind that the deadline is August 30, 2013.

== Presentation Types ==

Presentations should be for 25 or 50 minutes. Chose the length of your
submission based on the content that you have. Note that we have been
overwhelmed with talk proposals in the past and have thus asked speakers
to modify talks to fit into a shorter slot.

== Travel Sponsorships ==

Not sure if you can afford the airfare and lodging to attend the summit?
Please don’t let that stop you from submitting your best proposal. We
may be making a number of travel sponsorships available for speakers who
have useful information to share with the Xen Project community.

Regards,
Dario