Re: Xen, Fedora, and UEFI Secure Boot

On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 10:48:31AM +0200, Dario Faggioli wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-06-29 at 15:18 +0100, M A Young wrote:
> > > I'm not at all an expert of the matter, I was just reading about it and
> > > started wondering whether it would still be possible to have xen binary
> > > packages for Fedora (and of course for other distros too)...
> >
> > Fedora's plans seem to be at
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SecureBoot
> >
> I see.
>
> > It doesn't mention xen yet.
> >
> Ok, so, should we be concerned? Is there something we can/should do
> about that? How do you think we can help in having xen being considered?

First the Linux kernel running under EFI has to actually boot (with Xen
hypervisor).  It doesn't do that yet and the upstream kernel would
need patches for that.

Here were some patches (which were mostly Jan Beulich's originally)
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.acpi.devel/51940
and Matthew wanted to push those hooks in the lower layer (since the
EFI is shared across x86 and ia64). But before that could be completed
the submitter vanished so... Are you up for picking this up?