Re: Dom0 and colord

Hello

M A Young writes:

> On Sat, 7 Apr 2012, Lars Bjørndal wrote:
>
>> As I'm blind and don't use any X or GUI, I think I don't need the colord
>> process, so I did 'killall -9 /usr/libexec/colord'. However, this
>> doesn't work from a script, like /etc/rc.d/rc.local, and I need to do it
>> manually after every reboot.
>>
>> Where is colord started, and how can I get rid of the process?
>
> I don't know, but if it isn't started by one of the X related
> processes like gnome-shell, then it might be something like cups (the
> printing daemon). You could always try deleting the package (eg. rpm
> -e colord ) and see what packages require it.

The package is required by foomatic, not cups. However, 'systemctl
disable cups.service' and reboot, helped. Then the colord proscess
isn't running. Starting cups with 'systemctl start cups.service' results
in the process running again, and it's not stopped by 'systemctl stop
cups.service'.

Regards,
Lars