Re: Grubby Issues with F16 Dom0

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 20:56:47 +0100 (BST)
M A Young <m.a.young@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Oct 2011, Tim Flink wrote:
>
> > Just as a heads up, there seem to be a couple of issues with grubby
> > and the grub.cfg submenus used for Xen right now. My system still
> > boots after triggering any of these but it's usually not running
> > Xen and not always running the kernel I want it to be running.
>
> I have seen what I suspect is another one though I haven't
> investigated fully yet to confirm it. I think that if you delete a
> kernel with a xen entry it can remove a submenu opening clause but
> not the corresponding closing } which is bad if you have the xen
> hypervisor installed in a guest as it upsets pygrub.

Yeah, that's 744717. The bug isn't incredibly clear and I didn't do a
very good job of summarizing it. If you look at the before and
after grub.cfg files, you can see it though.

How often would that happen in a guest? I don't think that I have
submenu entries in any of my DomUs.

Tim