Re: /sys/class/net/xenbr5/bridge: No such file or directory [SOLVED]

On Wednesday, April 13, 2011 13:28 AKDT, Pasi KÃrkkÃinen <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 11:21:45AM -0800, Jon R. wrote:
> >
> > On Sunday, April 3, 2011 11:39 AKDT, Jon <jonr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > I followed Pasi's setup at
> > > http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/RHEL6Xen4Tutorial to configure and a
> > > SL6 box. This all worked great and I have a working system. When I look
> > > at my bridge with 'brctl show' I am seeing this as the output:
> > >
> > > brctl show
> > > bridge name    bridge id        STP enabled    interfaces
> > > xenbr5        /sys/class/net/xenbr5/bridge: No such file or directory
> > > /sys/class/net/xenbr5/bridge: No such file or directory
> >

> > I found the answer to this issue in a thread on the xen-users list, John Haxby explains the issue here:
> >
> > http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2011-02/msg00760.html
> >
> > What I did was download this rpm:
> >
> > bridge-utils-1.2-9.fc13.x86_64.rpm
> >
> > And did an rpm -Uvh and now I am seeing this on a 'brctl show' command:
> >
> >  brctl show
> > bridge name     bridge id               STP enabled     interfaces
> > xenbr3          8000.001125a5ce44       no              bond0.3
> > xenbr5          8000.001125a5ce44       no              bond0.5
> >
> > Pasi, you might want to look into this on your tutorial, http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/RHEL6Xen4Tutorial or mention what causes the "/sys/class/net/<BridgeName>/bridge: No such file or directory" error to appear on a 'brctl show'.
> >
> > While my system still worked with the errors with no issues, the output was ugly to have to look at. :)
> >
> > Hope that helps someone else,
> >

> Thanks. Do you have an account on Xen wiki? You could edit/add yourself :)
>
> -- Pasi

Hi Pasi,

I do not have an account on the wiki and wasn't sure if this would be the preferred method of fixing the issue or if patching the RHEL6 bridge-utils package to remove the IGMP_snooping_support and rebuild the rpm would be better. I would think that just using the Fedora binary would suffice for now seeing as how close we are to being able to use a kernel.org kernel and I believe with that kernel this issue will disappear.

So I leave that up to you to decide which method you prefer. :)

And thanks for the great RHEL6Xen4Tutorial it was incredibly easy to follow!!

Jon