Re: kernel-2.6.37-2.xendom0.fc15 and encrypted / partition

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011, Digimer wrote:

>  I just tried this kernel on Fedora 14 x86_64 and, like several of the
> previous attempts, it simply reboots after xen.gz finishes booting (at
> least, this is what I can guess, as the screen is black). This is
> despite hearing other report much better success. So I was wondering if
> these kernels have been tested against dom0 with an encrypted ext4 root
> partition?

How much memory do you have, and does the kernel-debug kernel work? I am
chasing a similar sounding crash on my 4GB machine. A workaround for me is
to put dom0_mem=max:2GB on the xen line. Curiously enough it did work
without this before Fedora stripped out the debugging options, and the
debug kernel still boots for me.

If you want to see the crash information try adding vga=ask,keep to the
xen line and console=hvc0 to the vmlinuz line (and pick a vga mode when
asked). Ideally you would set up a serial console and capture the whole
output, as detailed on the xen.org wiki, but my hardware doesn't make that
practical.

 	Michael Young