Re: 2.6.37 dom0 kernel

On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 11:21:44PM +0200, Marko Ristola wrote:

> Hi
>
> I tried M A Young's precompiled 2.6.37 XEN kernel (under xen-4.0.1-6.fc14.x86_64, grub.conf modified.
>
> I have a Radeon card.
> I booted with and without modesetting, without success.
> I booted successfully with Radeon driver without acceleration.
> I'm sending this email from Dom0 :) Speed is as expected.

Hello,

Are you aware that upstream Linux 2.6.37 doesn't have the
xen (dom0) drm/ttm/kms fixes yet? They were just posted
to dri-devel and to lkml just a couples of days ago for review..

Konrad has a git tree with the patches applied, iirc ..
Also Jeremy's xen/stable-2.6.32.x git tree has (most) of the patches applied.

Also you might want to discuss these issues on xen-devel..
and report success/failures :)

Thanks!

-- Pasi