Xen v's VMWare ESX Server

What is the general feeling about the type 1 true hypervisor from VMWare , their ESX Server, and Xen as a hypervisor ? Other than free v's pay for it of course.

I originally was of the opinion the VMWare Workstation, their original offering wasnt great as it had the host o/s layer, however this type 1 seems quite nice.

I do wish their naming convention was easier to understand - what component of an enterprise set up is what for example :)

--
Stephen Johnston                                            8 Lime Grove
Tel. +44 (0)1506 437766                                     Craigshill