IO performance sanity check

Hi everyone,

In the dom0 I get about ~120MB/sec sequential write speed to a raid10 device.

In the domU I get:

	phy to lvm volume on raid10: 22MB/sec
	tap:aio to non-sparse file on raid10: ~22MB/sec

I've usually avoided putting anything that needed IO performance on Xen, but now I had a few applications that'd fit well in Xen but need a little bit of disk IO. I was surprised just how poorly it works.

Is this kind of performance really what to expect? Anything configuration that can be done to improve it?

Anyone with experience of how the comparable performance with KVM?

 - ask