Re: Installing FC9 guest on Centos 5 fails installing OO writer2latex

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008, Kenneth Tanzer wrote:

Thanks to all who offered responses. I tried this again, using an LVM volume instead of a file-backed disk. It still hangs again at the exact same spot. Again, the mouse is not responsive, nor does it respond to ctrl-alt-f1, f2, etc. The VM manager shows it is still running, and using about 12.5% of my CPU (although it fluctuates a bit). The machine also still responds to pings.

Why don't you install it without the Office packages an add them back in post-install?

As to the problems you are seeing, how much memory does your VM machine have? I remember running into problems doing an upgrade on a low memory system, I think via http, where it ended up continually swapping, having downloaded the big openoffice.org-core package to ramdisk and then was trying to install it (this was non-xen and a few Fedoras ago).

Incidentally I installed Fedora 9 on Centos 5 earlier today so it is certainly possible (unlike Fedora 10 on Centos 5).

	Michael Young