Re: xen to kvm migration question

Paul Wouters wrote:
2) I boot all my xens using kernel+initrd outside a rootfs image, instead
   of a bootable virtual disk. Is that possible with kvm, or will I be
   stuck creating bootable disk images?

qemu provides -kernel and -initrd flags for this; however I don't know if virt-manager supports this.

I find that a kernel+initrd inside the guest disk image is much more maintainable; for example 'yum update kernel' will update your guest kernel rather than having to copy files around.

signature is too narrow to contain.