Re: No Dom0 support in Fedora 9 and Fedora 8 EOL

Alain Williams wrote:
On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 12:23:10AM +0000, Martin Vuille wrote:
I'm putting together a virtualized server. I was planning to use Fedora 9, until I found out that Fedora 9 won't run as a Dom0, so I ended up using Fedora 8 instead.

Damn - I have just run into the buffers because of that.
I have just reinstalled my test box with Fedora 9 ... wanted to
run several guests under it. Shame it was not flagged up bigger somewhere.

I'm currently on an F8 Dom0 at the moment, but I'll need to upgrade Xen fairly soon. At the moment, it seems to me that one of the Solaris distros is the way to go, particularly since they have built-in Windows PV drivers. There also seems to be a lot of development activity.

-Evan