Re: Autostart VM on boot

Marcel Damásio wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Fedora 8 as DOM0.
I created my virtual machines using virt-install.
Now I want to configure them to autostart on DOM0's boot, but I can't.

I tried a lot of solutions, but none worked.

Could somebody help me?

Marcel:

Do you have domain definitions in:

/var/lib/xend/domains

Shutdown the xend.

Edit

/var/lib/xend/domains/<UUID>/config.sxp

Add these two lines to the domain definition:

    (on_xend_start start)
    (on_xend_stop shutdown)

Make sure that "xend" and "xendomains" start automatically in your "init.d".

By the way, I also have these actions in my config.sxp and can't remember if these were the default values after virt-install or not.

   (actions_after_crash restart)
    (actions_after_shutdown destroy)
    (actions_after_reboot restart)

Let me know how it goes for you.