Re: backup domU

Mathieu Kretchner wrote:
Are you speaking about LVM in the FS of the DomU or in the FS of Dom0 ?

I meant using LVM on the Dom0 and then using an LV as the backing filesystem of the DomU.

Aaron

P.S. Please don't top-post, it's hard to follow.

Aaron Clark a écrit :
Mathieu Kretchner wrote:
Hello all,

I'm sure it's a frequent question asked a lot of time, But is it possible to backup domU without stopping it ?
Else could you please give me some url talking about the subject ?

If you're using LVM then I believe you should be able to snapshot the domU LV and then backup via the snapshot without stopping the domU.

Aaron