Possible Stupid Question...

Title: Possible Stupid Question...

Hey guys,

Been loving Xen and playing around with it for awhile now but recently tried something new and had a really weird result, not sure if it is at all related to Xen so I'm gonna ask here.

1. I have a SATA based Xen x64 machine running a para-virtualized x64 VM, that VM is written out to an LVM Partition. /dev/vgmachine/lvVM
2. I shut down that VM and then dd_rescue it over to another machine. (With the same LVM setup)
3. The other machine is running the same exact host OS but has SAS based IO instead of SATA.
4. When I bring up the Xen machine on the SAS host the whole computer gets hosed. I see SAS controller errors and I have to hard power the machine.

I'm building a new Xen machine on the SAS host now and it doesn't seem to be causing trouble, did I do something stupid in assuming that I could move a Para-virtualized machine from one type of IO to another?

David