Re: VCL for xen?

Michael DeHaan wrote:
yonas Abraham wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for open source application that does similar to NC
states Virtual Computing Library (VCL) for xen management.  I have
seen ovirt.org, but it seems to require hardware virtualization, which
I don't have.

any pointers will be appreciated.

/yonas

If you are happy with some lower level tooling (and building some of the stuff yourself), Func offers remote virt control using libvirt modules for Xen (incl. paravirt) as well as KVM, as well as remote hooks for installation via koan (see below) -- and is very interested in new modules / tweaks from the people who use it.

https://fedorahosted.org/func

You can also use Cobbler/koan to provide the missing provisioning half (so Func for control and Cobbler for installation)

http://cobbler.et.redhat.com

I would suspect eventually ovirt will support other virt types since libvirt makes this possible. It's also planning on integrating Cobbler support in the future.

These solutions are more CLI/batch/scripting oriented though if you need to customize your own solution for specific things (like the VCL case) you may want that anyway -- I'm not too familiar with the VCL to say for sure.

--Michael

I should add that Cobbler /does/ have a Web user interface. Func does have one in development though it has a ways to go.
Still usable from the command line/API/etc.