How to re-reading the xen guest config file

What I am trying to do is add additional memory or CPU's to a running xen guest that is already at the maximum allocated from build time. Currently, I edit the config file for the guest and increase the memory or cpu and then shutdown and start the VM.  What I would like to do is re-read the config file without having to restart the server.  Does anyone know of a way to do this, if possible?

Thanks
Terry