Re: Upgrade to development xen on F8?

Dustin Henning wrote:
	You could download and build the latest stable or test source from xen.org.  This assumes you are familiar with that sort of thing, but if you want to test, you probably are...
	Dustin

I've downloaded built and installed ian jackson's xen 3.2 src.rpm from xen.

I've downloaded, built and installed these:
libvirt-0.4.0-4.fc9.src.rpm
python-virtinst-0.300.2-2.fc9.src.rpm
virt-manager-0.5.3-1.fc9.src.rpm
virt-viewer-0.0.2-3.fc9.src.rpm
xen-3.2.0-0xs.fc8.src.rpm

I'm using this kernel:
2.6.21.7-2893.fc9xen

When I try to start a guest that worked earlier:

[root@potoroo ~]# virsh start DebianEtch
libvir: Xen Daemon error : POST operation failed: (xend.err "long() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'")
error: Failed to start domain DebianEtch

[root@potoroo ~]# virsh version
Compiled against library: libvir 0.4.0
Using library: libvir 0.4.0
Using API: Xen 3.0.1
Running hypervisor: Xen 3.2.0

[root@potoroo ~]#

the obvious problem to my eyes is the API version, but of course the obvious isn't always right.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait