Re: virt-install

Frederick N. Brier wrote:
I just installed Fedora 8 and the Fedora Xen packages. I have been trying to get a variety of VMs installed, but the most basic one is just a Fedora guest VM. Please correct me if I am wrong, but the correct tool is "virt-install". It asks a number of questions, but the last is

You can also use virt-manager

"What is the install location?" I finally found an excerpt from a book that had "http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386"; as the answer. But that is not correct it is actually: "http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/*6*/i386/os";, but that is for core 6, not 7 or Fedora 8. And the file tree does not have a

If F8 will suffice, whatever you already installed from is fine.

btw You need to tell use whether you're using hardware virtualisation (hvm) or paravirtualisation. The answers are different.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait