Re: Fedora 8 DomU (i386) does not work on Fedora 8 (x86_64) host

Daniel P. Berrange schrieb:
Running  paravirt  i386  domU on a x86_64 Dom0 is known to be rather
unreliable. The message you describe about install hanging during the formatting stage is definitely a symptom of running i386 domU on a
x86-64 dom0.  You ought to be able to mix- archs if you do HVM instead
though, so I'm rather surprised if you see the same problems with HVM
guests.

Yeah, I tried pv i386 just out of curiosity so I checked HVM/qemu quickly thereafter. I can even reproduce the problem (rebooted multiple times etc.).

My setup is quite boring: The DomUs use normal files as "disks" below /var/lib/xen/images with preallocated space (4 GB), they get 500 MB RAM for the initial install, packages are pulled from a HTTP repository server in my local network (shared eth0 bridging, using DHCP/ipv4 only). This setup worked/works for every Fedora version since Core 5 so I'm quite puzzled how to get further debug information...

fs