Re: fedora 8 : exit a windows VM

Hi,

I had the same problem initially with all 3 of the full-virt machines I've setup (XP Pro, 2000 server, and 2003 Small Business Server). I don't know if it was solved with Fedora updates or with Windows updates, but it now works like a native Windows machine.

An aside to the rest of the list:

I have to admit that I have been very pleased with the performance using a Xen VM over KVM/QEMU. It runs at almost what I would expect it to run at on the bare metal machine (AMD Athlon FX-62 w/4GB DDR2 800 memory, software raid5). This is a HUGE improvement over other virtualization products I have used in the past (WIn4Lin/Win4Lin Pro, VMWare workstation and server, Parallels, KVM/Qemu, and now Xen). Developers, please keep up the great work!

Bob J.

nooroon wrote:
Hi,

I'm testing a fedora 8 and it was a good surprise for me : virtualization tools are more usable, and virtualization with xen seems more stable.

I'm using xen to create a windows xp VM.
the only issue that I have, is when i ask windows to stop the machine, with traditionnal windows tools : start>shutdown computer the windows OS is stopping but the VM doesn't stop. It hangs on a windows screen that says "you can now safely stop the computer".

With xen and fedora 7, I didn't have this issue. Does anyone have an explanation?