Re: Fedora's Xen Compared to XenExpress

thewird wrote:
--- "Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mathew Brown wrote:
Hi,
  I was wondering what the differences between Fedora 8's Xen and
  XenExpress v4 are (besides the limits of 4GB or RAM and four
virtual
  hosts).  Is the functionality and stability the same or is
Fedora's
  Xen more cutting-edge?  Thank you for your help.
I'm not very familiar with XenExpress, but I'm fairly sure that the management software used by XE is some proprietary code. Fedora uses

libvirt and virt-manager for management, has no artificial
limitations on memory, CPUs, guests etc., and is completely open source.

Does Fedora 8 have any way to limit the network speed on the guests?

I assume, though I've not tried it, that you should be able to use ordinary Linux mechanisms such as the 'tc(8)' command to enforce a traffic control and shaping on the vifX.0 devices.

To be honest, it's a bit of an unusual request: mostly people complain about not getting enough network performance :-)

Rich.